Personal data protection
The Clean Hydrogen JU, like other EU institutions, bodies, agencies and offices EU institutions, may process your personal data (also known as personal information) for a number of reasons, from dealing with public requests for information, staff matters, procurement contracts, grant agreements etc.
The Clean Hydrogen JU is committed to user privacy.
The policy on protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions and bodies is based on Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Although you can browse through most of the pages of this website without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the services you request, such as for example feedback on data portrayed on the platform.
The pages that require such information treat it according to the policy described in the regulation above and will always contain, in a dedicated privacy statement, the information about how we use of your data. In this respect:
- For each e-service, the purposes and means of the processing of personal data are specified in the corresponding privacy statement
- Within the Clean Hydrogen JU, the Data Protection Officer ensures that the provisions of the regulation are applied and advises controllers on fulfilling their obligations
as for all the institutions, the European Data Protection Supervisor will act as an independent supervisory authority
- The EHO portal may provide links to third-party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
An e-service on this portal is a service or resource made available on the internet in order to provide you with easy and effective access to information. The e-services related to the EHO portal include:
- General information services
- Information services that provide for the possibility to provide input into the EHO
Information contained in the EHO privacy statement
- The identity and contact details of the controller
- The contact details of the data protection officer
- What information is collected and for what purpose and the technical means the Clean Hydrogen JU collects personal information in order to fulfill a specific purpose, as well as the legal basis
- To whom your information is disclosed, if applicable
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it, delete it, restrict the processing or where applicable, object to processing or to data portability
- How long your data is kept
- What security measures are taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access
- Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints
Our “Contact” webpage on the EHO activates your email software and opens a new email to be addressed to the specific EHO mailbox. When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only in order to reply.
If the team responsible for the mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your email to another service. You will be informed, via email, about which service your question has been forwarded to.
If you have any questions about the processing of your email and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
Collected personal data is stored on a computer of the external subcontractor acting as processor, who has to guarantee the data protection and confidentiality required by Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
If you want to request access to and rectify or erase your personal data stored by the Clean Hydrogen JU for the EHO portal, or restrict the processing of your personal data, or where applicable, object to the processing or to data portability, you can email the data controller at the following address: Data-Protection@clean-hydrogen.europa.eu. In your email, clearly state your request and include the URL of the webpages your request refers to.
Specific Privacy Statements
Download here the Specific Service Privacy Statement for the EHO